Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hello from Brad

It is Sunday after my first week of work.  We are still getting this blog thing set up, so hopefully we will get some pictures on it and what not.  It is kind of raining and crappy out today, so maybe we will get some work done on it today.  So far things are going great.  The trip over here wasn't bad at all.  Our house is really nice.  It is just a five minute walk down to a really nice beach.  Everyone here is complaining how cold it is right now.  There has been frost on the car in the morning a few times, but it has got up to 60 everyday.  Spring should be starting soon.  

Work has been going really well so far.  I roll in around 9:00 and haven't stayed past 5:20 yet, which is really good for all of my non-medical friends out there.  I haven't done a call yet, so we will see how that goes.  It is pretty old school here.  I have my one little room with all my stuff in it.  I room my patients my self and take their vitals.  About half my patients have been kids and about 75% have been Maori, so that has been fun.  

We have been communicating on Skype now that we got our internet set up.  Everyone needs to get an account.  It is free.

2 comments:

Lorri said...

What is Skype?? Glad to hear your hours aren't killer, Brad!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.